The Hiyak is Astral’s view of a proper bootie. It offers ground-conforming stability, foot protection and insulation without neoprene. The result is a lighter, more durable, fast drying water-boot with phenomenal gripping powers.
- Intended Use: Water, Boat
- Uppers: Hydrophobic Canvas with 1060D ballistic nylon reinforcement rand. High top padded ankle protection with semi-rigid heel cup. 3mm quilted spacer-mesh lining. Hidden laces with Velcro Over-Flap. Reflective logo at heel and tongue.Water resistant laces.
- Midsole: Removable, 7mm thick 45C closed cell EVA foam.
- Outsole: Highest friction G.ss™ rubber compound with razor-siping and drain holes toe and heel. 3.5mm thick. Non-marking.
- Foot to Ground Distance: 12 mm heel, 11 mm ball.
- Weight/shoe: Men's 9 = 273g (9.632 oz)
- Sizes: Men’s US 7-13 (Whole sizes only)
- Fit: True to size (For half size, size down)
Flex Grip Outsole
This rubber allows excellent flexibility and sensory feedback for heightened grip and balance. Maximized surface area for high friction on smooth surfaces. Divided lugs for substantial grip on loose dirt. Razor Siping maximizes edges that bite into surfaces upon flexion.
All Astral shoes have a special relationship with water. Every component, from the thread to the laces are critically evaluated and chosen for its ability to hold up after constant soaking, to shed water, and not to accumulate funk. Many models have engineered drainage for water to come out while minimizing entry of silt.
We believe that a foot’s position in a shoe should be similar to when barefoot. This allows excellent balance and biomechanically natural lifestyle.
Foot-beds are essentially level (only 1mm drop from heel to toe ) and provide medium arch support. Tapered instep and heel area for better foothold and control. Wide forefoot allows your feet and toes to spread out for stability.
This G compound is formulated for premium grip while also providing "excellent" abrasion resistance. Its low durometer means the rubber is softer and therefore conforms well to the ground.