- Intended Use: Boat, Water, Casual, Travel
- Uppers: Hydrophobic Canvas with 2 mm Airmesh at tongue and vamp for ventilation. Slit at heel for debris drainage. 210D nylon liner, water resistant shoelaces.
- Midsole: 53C closed cell EVA foam with drainage ports at forefoot.
- Outsole: G.15™ high friction G®Rubber compound with razor-siping and maximum surface contact, ideal for boats.
- Foot to Ground Distance: 17mm heel, 16 mm ball.
- Weight/shoe: Men's 9 = 215g (7.584 oz)
- Sizes: Men’s US 7-13
- Fit: True to size (Up to D width)
Marine Grip Outsole
Maximum sole-to-surface contact for highest friction on smooth surfaces like boat docks, rafts, tile floors. Razor-Siping increases quantity of edges that “bite” into a surface. Thin profile provides excellent feedback, and enhances grip and balance.
All Astral shoes have a special relationship with water. Every component, from the thread to the laces are critically evaluated and chosen for its ability to hold up after constant soaking, to shed water, and not to accumulate funk. Many models have engineered drainage for water to come out while minimizing entry of silt.
We believe that a foot’s position in a shoe should be similar to when barefoot. This allows excellent balance and biomechanically natural lifestyle.
Foot-beds are essentially level (only 1mm drop from heel to toe ) and provide medium arch support. Tapered instep and heel area for better foothold and control. Wide forefoot allows your feet and toes to spread out for stability.
This G compound is formulated for premium grip while also providing "excellent" abrasion resistance. Its low durometer means the rubber is softer and therefore conforms well to the ground.