Reactor™ 40 Steer-by-wire Corepack for Yamaha® Helm Master® With GHC™ 20
Our Most Responsive Autopilot System on the Water
- Solid-state 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride
- Minimal commissioning and calibration
Reactor 40 for steer-by-wire provides robust autopilot capabilities for Yamaha Helm Master systems. With a complete package designed for powerboats and sailboats, Garmin brings an advanced marine technology to the boating public that was once only available for commercial boats. The Reactor 40 autopilot series is simply the most responsive autopilot system we have ever offered.
Reactor 40 autopilots are very versatile. Both powerboat and sailing features are available in all corepacks, including heading hold, wind hold, tack/jibe, step turns and more.
Solid-state 9-axis AHRS
With its advanced solid-state 9-axis AHRS, you can mount Reactor 40 nearly anywhere, in any orientation. In addition, this new system greatly minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride for all on board.
Reacts to Conditions
This amazing autopilot actually reacts to the sea to hold your course. Even when the boat is pitching and rolling, you can remain confident that the Reactor 40 autopilot will keep you on your desired course.
Minimal Commissioning and Calibration
All autopilots require commissioning and calibration — all of them. We know you just want to get on the water, so we made this process as fast and easy as possible. That’s the power of simple.
Full Integration with Garmin Chartplotters
Combined with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter, you can have full control of Reactor 40 from wherever you are on the boat. In addition to holding its course in virtually all weather and wind conditions, the system can smoothly perform a variety of preprogrammed trolling and search procedures. Plus, with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter and optional BlueChart g3 Vision charts (sold separately), you gain industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with updated coastal charts that feature integrated Garmin and Navionics® content.
Connect to Networked Devices
The Reactor 40 autopilot is operated using up to 3 GHC™ helm control units. GHC communicates with the autopilot system via your NMEA 2000® network, so autopilot heading data can be shared easily with other devices. This enables MARPA and chart overlay when connected to a Garmin chartplotter. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control the using a compatible quatix® 3 or quatix 5 marine multisport smartwatch.
1Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
- Dimensions: 3 19/32 in. diameter (91.4 mm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz. (159 g)
- Temperature range: From 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Case material: Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic, waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
- CCU cable length: 9.5 ft. (3 m)
- NMEA 2000 power input: 9-16V
- NMEA 2000 LEN: 3 (150 mA)
- Dimensions (L × Diameter): 29/32 in. × 1 in. (23 mm × 25 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz. (68 g)
- Temperature range: from 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Cable length: 10 ft. (3.0 m)
Autopilot Gateway Specifications
- Dimensions (L × Diameter): 5 1/8"" × 2 3/8" x 1" (130 mm × 60 mm x 25 mm)
- Weight: Less than 1 oz (28 g)
In the box
- Reactor 40 CCU (Course Computer Unit)
- GHC™ 20 helm control display
- Yamaha Gateway
- CCU cable
- NMEA 2000® drop cables (2 meters)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- Male and female terminators